This Kick Ass Easy Guacamole Recipe is the perfect accompaniment to any Mexican feast or perfect with crisp veggie sticks for a snack.
If I have time in the mornings I also like to whip this up as my avo on toast with a twist. Throw it on a piece of charred bread with a little bit of goats cheese, poached eggs and a little extra paprika and cumin and you have your very own Mexican Eggs.
I also like to top my guacamole with either pepitas or pistachios for an added crunch.
The Avocado offers a magnitude of health benefits to incorporate into your daily intake. Avo’s have nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in just one serving. It is high in potassium, vitamin B, C, E & K and folate. This all star fruit is also low in sugar, packed full of fibre and helps lower cholesterol with its source of monounsaturated fat but just remember moderation is key!
KICK ASS GUACAMOLE RECIPE
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 2 mins
Total Time 12 mins
2 large Hass avocados
1/2 red onion
4-5 mini cherry tomatos
1/2 bunch of coriander
pinch of cumin
small handful of pistachios
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut both avocados in half, remove the flesh while discarding the skin and stone
- Place each half in Mortar & Pestle one by one*
- Bang away until you get the desired thickness. ( I prefer my Guac to have a bit of texture to it so this only takes me a few minutes to do.)
- Cut limes in half and squeeze into Mortar & Pestle.
- Salt & Pepper the avacado mixture now rather than later so it’s consistent and you don’t crush the other ingredients later on.
* Doing this one avocado half at a time is a bit easier if you don’t have a big Mortar.
- De-seed the tomatos and dice finely along with red onion, 1/2 red chilli & coriander root (alot of the flavour).
- Dice coriander leaves half fine/half coarse.
- Crush pistachios in a zip lock bag.
- Add tomatos, red onion, chilli, cumin and coriander root to avocado mixture
- Continue to mix around with pestle
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top along with the coarsely diced coriander and a final squeeze of lime to garnish.
- Pop into the fridge until cold then serve.