Goodness Gracious Granola!
This Healthy Quinoa & Coconut Granola Recipe is a great way to kick start your day the healthy way with nuts, seeds, fruit and fibre. To store this delicious Healthy Quinoa Coconut Granola, keep in a sealed container, away from sunlight. Doing this will make it last roughly 4 weeks.
Oats a few benefits of this grain is it’s a very good source of phosphorus as well as a good source of copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, dietary fiber, chromium, zinc and protein.
Coconut Oil is high in healthy saturated fats that have different effects than most other fats in your diet. These fats can boost fat burning and provide your body and brain with quick energy. They also raise the good HDL cholesterol in your blood, which is linked to reduced heart disease risk
Healthy Quinoa & Coconut Granola Recipe
2 cups gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
coconut flakes/peeled coconut flesh
1/2 orange (juice and zest)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup vanilla extract
splash of water
Seeds & Nuts
*Try and use activated nuts
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds
Optional: choice of dried fruit (goji, apricots, cranberries etc)
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In one bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg and oats together.
- Place a saucepan on a low heat, and heat until warm the rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and the orange juice.
- Take off the stove, let it cool slightly, fold in the orange zest.
- Pour over the oat mixture. Then fold in all remaining ingredients except the dried fruit (if using)
- On a lined baking tray (foil works best) evenly spread the mixture (you want this to be one even layer, so it cooks evenly and the rice malt mixture makes the oats stick together and cluster)
- Cook for 20 minutes, check to see if slightly golden, then break up the clusters to cook the under side.
- Turn down to 150 degrees and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Will keep in a airtight container for up to 3 weeks!
See more recipes like this Healthy Quinoa & Coconut Granola here.