The Easiest Roasted Cauliflower Steak You Will Ever Make.
If you are trying to eat more plants, then this roasted cauliflower steak recipe is going to become your best friend! I have been cooking with a lot of cauliflower lately, mainly because it is freezing in Australia right now and I love roasted cauliflower so much but also it has great health benefits!
This roasted cauliflower steak recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and packed full of flavour. I am a big fan of using hemp seeds not only for their nutritional profile, but also to add a nice crunch to meals.
Teamed with a delicious lemony creamy tahini dressing, this is a great meal for just 1 or feeding the whole family.
Cauliflower Steak Recipe
- 1 cauliflower (whole or half depending on how many mouths you are feeding)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Good big pinch of salt
- Good big pinch of cracked pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ lemon juice squeezed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or flaxseed oil
- ¼-1/2 cup warm water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 210 degrees fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut your cauliflower downwards into thick steaks (if you have remaining florets that break off, don’t worry, you can bake these next to your steak).
- In a small bowl, pop your nutritional yeast in, then with the back of a spoon, gently crush into a fine flake.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (excluding the olive oil) and mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle the cauliflower steak with olive oil (or use a pastry brush to brush the oil across the cauliflower). Then massage in so it is completely covered with oil.
- After it is covered with oil, Sprinkle the “crumb” over the cauliflower steak until completely covered.
- Repeat on the other side. This process will be like an eggless schnitzel crumbing.
- Once covered, pop in oven for 20 minutes, then flip over and bake for 15-20 minutes on the other side, or until the stalk is tender and there is a beautiful golden crust!
To make the Tahini dressing:
The key to a good tahini dressing is liquid! Warm water actually!
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency!
- Drizzle over and enjoy!