“Taking choc chip cookies to the next level”
You honestly can’t go wrong with these warm chewy choc chip hemp seed cookies. I think there is something so freaking delicious about smelling freshly baked cookies, but, mastering the perfect healthy cookie can sometimes be a little challenging.
These choc chip hemp seed cookies are of course gluten free, dairy free (with dairy free choc chips) and vegan (if using vegan choc chips!). I have used hemp seeds in this choc chip hemp seed cookie recipe, because you all know I love hemp seeds, and I love the nuttiness that they give to the cookies.
Choc Chip Hemp Seed Cookies Recipe
Serving size 12-15 cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ¼ cup dark choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil & rice malt syrup, whisk until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients (excluding the dark choc chips), and mix until a soft dough forms, if it is too stiff, add in a little more coconut oil or a dash of water.
- Fold in the choc chips.
- Roll into little balls, then with a spoon coated in coconut oil, press down to flatten out your cookies.
- Continue until you finish the mixture.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool.
Kitchen Tip: make a double batch and store in freezer. Roll out some baking paper, spoon the mixture at one end, spread out across one end the baking paper and roll into a log, twist the ends and pop into freezer!