“The Once Every-So-Often Ice Cream”
I am obsessed with ice-cream, my stomach on the other hand, not so much. I have tried so many different variations of dairy free ice-cream, this recipe being one of my favorites! This healthy dairy free ice cream is a (healthier) treat to be enjoyed by yourself or with your loved ones.
This little dessert, is not an ‘every night’ kind of dessert, but should be more of a treat every now and then. It is super easy and firms up within hours. I have dubbed this “Proyo Ice-Cream” (Protein Coyo ice-cream) I have made it a couple of times now and have made so many variations. Get creative! Think: Peanut Butter Cacao Proyo, Vanilla and Macadamia Proyo and my fav, Berrylicious Cacao Proyo.
So a healthy dairy free ice cream sounds too good to be true? Trust me it isn’t!! To make ice-cream in my household you don’t need any fancy ice-cream makers (although I do have one!), all you need is some good BPA free containers and a freezer.
THE GOOD STUFF
Coconut is a pretty heavy player in my day to day cooking, from the flesh (meat) to the water, I am (some would say) obsessed. Two of my top favorite things about the health benefits of coconuts are:
- It helps to improve your digestion and also helps your body absorb vitamins, nutrients and minerals.
- It helps to improve your insulin secretion and is great for those who have diabetes!
Cinnamon is another thing that I adore adding into most of my meals (goes oddly well with a bit of chicken too!)
- Again, good for Diabetics. Cinnamon can help to reduce blood pressure and also can help to have a beneficial effect blood markers for Type 2 Diabetics.
- It is also full of healthy antioxidants
- This one is a little left of centre: however, cinnamon has been studied to help aid with the treatment of those who suffer from ADHD, read more about this here.
- Aids with a healthy weight loss approach by lowing your blood sugar (so with a healthy diet and active daily exercise regime if weight loss is on the cards, then start sprinkling this on your food breakfast lunch and dinner!)