Deliciously Easy Mango & Coconut Ice Blocks!
These sweet and creamy, healthy, superfood mango & coconut ice blocks have got to be one of my favourite ways to refresh and cool down during Summer. They are a great alternative to those sugar loaded, dairy filled ice creams (think mango Weis bars!) and have some seriously nutrient dense ingredients!
Seeing as my superfood Watermelon Ice Blocks had such a great response, I have played around with another kid friendly ice block recipe!
If you have been part of the Krumbled Family for a while, you would well and truly know just how much I love turmeric. Turmeric comes from a plant called the curcuma longa plant, found primarily in South East Asia and India. Through a process of drying the root, the plan is ground down into a divine rich yellow powder, that we all know and love called Turmeric.
Some of the incredible health benefits that studies have shown for this potent superfood are, permitted that you use the right dose and seek advice from a health care professional. One of my personal favourites is from Natures Way.
- Curcumin is a natural anti – inflammatory compound
- Studies have shown curcumin to aid in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
- Assists in alleviating arthritic pain
- Helps to regulate insulin and aid to control diabetes
- Helps to heal wounds as it is antiseptic and an antibacterial agent
Quite possibly one of my favourite Summer snacks – the messier you get, the better it is!
Mangoes in my opinion are a super fruit. They help to alkalize your body, they aid in digestion, they are packed full of vitamin a, vitamin c and have so many carotenoids that help boost your immune system. They are also absolutely delicious, fresh or frozen!!
These healthy mango ice blocks are super easy, with 2 simple steps that make up the coconut tip and the mango bottom. The sweetness of the mango cuts through the creaminess of the coconut so I am sure you will all be going back for seconds!
Superfood Mango & Coconut Ice Blocks
1 can organic coconut milk/cream
1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
5 organic mangos – Calypso are my favourite!! Peeled and deseeded.
1 – 2 heaped tablespoons Natures Way Turmeric golden milk or just turmeric
100ml coconut water
- Not sure how much easier it could get! In a blender – combine the coconut tip first, blend until combined. Then pour into ice block molds. Set overnight / at least 4 hours.
- Once set, blend the remaining ingredients, adding the coconut water slowly until your desired consistency is met.